You have trusted us for many years to make safe and quality content that family members of all ages can enjoy. Online, this trust is even more important to your family, and to our website. To make sure that this site stays safe and fun, we make the following promises:
- In almost all activities, the information we collect is non-personal (such as first name only, age, and state). If you enter a contest, send us a question or send an electronic postcard, we will also ask for an e-mail address. Our use of e-mail addresses is further described in the examples below. We only collect enough information from our visitors to make activities on our website! fun and interesting.
- If you submit stories, artwork, comments or anything else to us that is posted on our site, you will be identified on our site only by first name, age, city and state.
- No one will be excluded from our site for not giving us personal information. When we do ask for personal information (like an e-mail address) as part of an activity, we will only use it for that activity and keep it only until that particular activity is complete.
- We will never share any personal information that you provide with any third parties unless those third parties: (1) are engaged by us to maintain the technical functioning of our website or web service, or to fulfill a request made by a user; (2) are restricted in their access and use of personal information only to the extent necessary to maintain the technical functioning of the website or web service, or to fulfill a request made by a user; and (3) have promised to keep the personal information that they access confidential.
- If we know a visitor is under the age of thirteen, we will collect a parent’s permission offline (by postal mail, fax or phone) before we collect, use, store or disclose any personal information supplied by that visitor. We will also allow parents to review any personal information we may collect from children under 13 and to request that we stop using and delete such information at any time. If our policies change with regard to personal information that we previously received parental consent to collect, we will notify the parents of the changed policies.
- When you create a username and password on our website!, we do not collect any information that would allow us or anyone else to identify you. When prompted to create a username, we recommend you use non-personally identifiable information. Your login information is only used in games and activities where users might want to save points and creations.